Friday, September 17, 2010

To be a "B", or not to be

In the fashion of the original Rule Nazi, I'm struggling with a decision.  Maybe my loyal follower(s), can help me out.

About six months ago, I visited the women's health clinic on campus.  Let me preface this by saying, I've never been very satisified with the woman who is the primary medical representative.  Her bed side manner leaves much to be desired and she gets irritated if you think you know more about your body than she does.

Back to my story.  I made a visit due to some concerns about severe abdominal pain in the lower left quadrant during my mentrual cycle.  It wasn't constant but it did come in waves at random times...enough to buckle me over occasionally.

Her diagnosis, after a disgusted look, was constipation and suggested I start taking fiber pills.  I was pretty certain that this was a blow off.  I've been charting my cycles for four years and have become intimately knowledgable about my body and reproductive system.  I knew something was wrong but she certainly wasn't going to help any. 

Remember, this is not my first complaint about her...although in the past it has been mostly behavioral issues that I've disliked.  So now, three weeks after surgery to remove endometriosis in the LOWER LEFT QUADRANT of my abdomen...I ask myself...should I write a letter to the director of the health center sharing my frustration?  Submit a formal complaint?  Or do I just let it go and hope she just didn't like me personally and she's perfectly pleasant to every other girl/woman that sits in her exam room?

Would love some thoughts on this...if you are so inclined. 

No comments: